| || || |
70% of employers report having been impacted by prescription drug abuse in the workplace, but less than half are taking the steps to address it.6The key to reducing opioid dependency numbers and encouraging safe opioid use in your workplace is ensuring individuals have access to support and feel educated about opioid misuse.
Downloading this guide will help you:
- Open up a dialogue about the dangers of forming opioid dependence, which could happen to anyone, and that dependence is a disease, not a choice.
- Create a holistic strategy to help employees feel supported and not judged within your workplace.
- Enact the right policies that offer alternatives to chronic pain management and a second chance to those suffering, increasing the chances of recovery from opioid dependence.
1 in 4chronic users of opioids will misuse them. 1
8 in 10employees won’t come forward about substance abuse issues due to perceived stigma. 2
$78.5Bper year total economic burden of prescription opioid misuse in the U.S. 3
130+people die every day from opioid-related overdoses. 4
- https://www.drugabuse.gov/drugs-abuse/opioids/opioid-overdose-crisis https://databreachcalculator.mybluemix.net/assets/2018_Global_Cost_of_a_Data_Breach_Report.pdf
- 2017 Survey of US Employers, The National Safety Council
- CDC/NCHS, National Vital Statistics System, Mortality. CDC WONDER, Atlanta, GA: US Department of Health and Human Services, CDC; 2018
| || |
Insurance brokerage and related services to be provided by Arthur J. Gallagher Risk Management Services, Inc. (License No. 0D69293) and/or its affiliate Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. Insurance Brokers of California, Inc. (License No. 0726293).
The information contained herein is offered as insurance industry guidance and provided as an overview of current market risks and available coverages and is intended for discussion purposes only. This publication is not intended to offer legal advice or client-specific risk management advice. Any description of insurance coverages is not meant to interpret specific coverages that your company may already have in place or that may be generally available. General insurance descriptions contained herein do not include complete insurance policy definitions, terms, and/or conditions, and should not be relied on for coverage interpretation. Actual insurance policies must always be consulted for full coverage details and analysis.
Consulting and insurance brokerage services to be provided by Gallagher Benefit Services, Inc. and/or its affiliate Gallagher Benefit Services (Canada) Group Inc. Gallagher Benefit Services, Inc. is a licensed insurance agency that does business in California as “Gallagher Benefit Services of California Insurance Services” and in Massachusetts as “Gallagher Benefit Insurance Services.” Neither Arthur J. Gallagher & Co., nor its affiliates provide accounting, legal or tax advice.
| || || |
| || || |
| || || |